(C) 2023 All Rights Reserved
job openings at Ebryx
Cyber Defense Apprenticeship
Who We Are
Founded in 2008, Ebryx is a cybersecurity services company. Our research and development services power some of the world’s leading cybersecurity products and our managed security and consulting services protect organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to leading Silicon Valley tech companies.
We are seeking a Cyber Defense Apprentice for our Security Operations Center (SOC). Start your career working part-time with Ebryx while completing your education. Candidates will progress to full-time status and can work either remotely or from our on-site SOC, located in Salem, New Hampshire. Those successfully completing the apprenticeship will be eligible for a full-time SOC Analyst role at Ebryx, and may then be expected to work primarily from the office.
Our Cyber Defense Apprenticeship program comprises three levels of 320 hours each, for a total of 960 hours. Depending on the skills, aptitude, and effort of the candidate, the actual time could be lesser or greater than this.
Candidates currently based in, and legally authorized to work within, the United States and Canada are welcome to apply. To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Cyber Defense Apprenticeship Roles & Responsibilities
The Security Operations Apprentice shall work with members of the SOC team to learn about and gain hands-on experience in different areas of SOC operations. Responsibilities include:
- Going through the assigned curriculum that covers computer networks, system security and cloud security and an extensive array of topics related to the job
- Acquiring and demonstrating deep technical knowledge and hands-on skills with the assigned tasks
- Providing regular updates to mentors
- Performing detection, monitoring and reporting activities for assigned customer networks
- Monitoring, identifying and triaging alerts to determine severity and required response
- Performing malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques
- Creating and managing tickets for alerts to be reviewed by senior colleagues
- Deploying, configuring, and managing security monitoring tools
- Developing an understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), EDRs, the ELK stack, osquery and Windows internals
- Handling first level response for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches
- Staying up to date on information technology trends and security standards
- Acquiring and demonstrating deep understanding of Web & System Level Attacks and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Understanding hacking tools, associated techniques and procedures
- Performing threat hunting
- Using threat intelligence effectively
- General understanding of client businesses and educates self on technical issues related to the clients’ industry
- Writing programs, scripts, ELK queries and regular expressions
- Performing multiple challenges and assignments
- Exhibiting leadership qualities by communicating with confidence, welcoming feedback and demonstrating professionalism, i.e., positive attitude, good judgment, poise, professional attire and demeanor
Skills and Experience
- Keen interest in developing oneself into a cyber defender
- Strong learning ability and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills